Sunday, January 4, 2009

Time for a new survey

Two months have passed since I published the microkernel survey. The survey is now closed, but I saved the results here. Even though interesting, so few people took part in it that it does not reveal any trends. I need to give a serious thought to how to attract more readers to my blog. I can either improve the contents or have better surveys :-) Hopefully I'll have a little more visitors after the next release of HelenOS, which is still not here, but is definitely approaching.

This month, I decided to let you vote for your favorite processor architecture. There is nothing tricky in that question. If you miss your favorite one on the list, just feel free to post a comment and tell me what you think. I never vote in my own polls, but if I did, I would have voted for ia64 and sparc64...

1 comment:

Jakub Jermar said...

Ok, these are the results:

amd64 5 (71%)
arm32 0 (0%)
ia32 0 (0%)
ia64 0 (0%)
mips32 0 (0%)
mips64 1 (14%)
ppc32 1 (14%)
ppc64 2 (28%)
sparc32 1 (14%)
sparc64 3 (42%)

I am basically glad that sparc64 won the second prize.